Sunday, July 20, 2014

31 Weeks


How far along?
 31 Weeks
Total Weight gain? 18lbs
Maternity Clothes? Yes, still kind of comfortably wearing my old jeans and shorts. I need to try the hair tie trick in the up-coming weeks. I love wearing maternity shirts.
Stretch Marks? No
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well. Some days I wake up with a sore hip or shoulder, but I can walk it off usually. I haven't gotten a body pillow yet, maybe I should get one?
Best moment of the week? I am slowly getting closer to being done with her nursery! I got a beautiful rug that really brings color into the room, it's pastel colors (pink, purple, yellow, green). I love it! I also ordered a round mirror for her room. The frame is in the shape of a flower, I hope it looks good! I loved it when I saw it and couldn't resist. We were going to paint one of the walls an accent purple, but Bryan isn't so sure and now I'm not either. I think I need some opinions.
Miss anything? Like I said last week, sleeping on my stomach or back. Also, my cravings for sweets have been up this week! I ate some almond milk ice cream and some Nilla Wafers (those things are SO good!), but I resisted my cravings last night for Oreos. That's going to have to be the norm. I'm so close and I just want to end on a healthy note!
Movement? Yes, she is starting to sleep for longer periods of time and be active for a little longer. I think she is starting to fall into a routine, but I haven't paid enough attention to know exactly when she will usually be asleep/awake. She doesn't kick as much, but when she does it feels like my whole center of gravity moves with it. I love that. I cannot sit slouched over, or else she will kick my ribs and diaphragm. (I love that too, even though it hurts.)
Food Cravings: OREOS.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope! But I have found that if I eat to many complex carbs at once I start getting heartburn.
Gender? Girl
Labor signs? No
Symptoms? Heartburn, sore hips, I can't walk up stairs as well- my legs burn and I'm out of breath. But I take them anyways.
Belly button in or out? Out! It looks funny poking through my shirts haha.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? This week I will dare to say happy most of the time. :)
Looking forward to? My baby showers start next month!!! I'm so excited to start feeling more prepared and organize her nursery!
Exercise: Ballet barre kicks my butt, but I still teach and do it with the class just fine. Pilates has turned into me sitting and walking around while I talk everyone through the exercises. My favorite things to do have become: lifting weights (my most favorite! I don't feel out of breath or weak), elliptical or swimming (I feel very out of breath, and have to stop every once and a while to let a BH pass), planks (I can still do a full plank, not for very long though), Kegels, pelvic rocks, hip circles. That's about all I can do right now. It's hard to remember to do my Kegels (my birth class wants me to do them 100x a day!), I need to figure out the best time to practice those.
I have already started to plan out my post pregnancy fitness plan!!! I'm so excited to ease back into core work!!!!! I love core work! Also, I am excited to RUN again! I had a dream the other night that I was running a race, I was crusin' along and looked down at my belly. I marveled that I could run with out RLP, I really wish that dream would come true!

This week:
We went boating yesterday with some friends and that was a blast! I even did some wake boarding! I was really tired after wake boarding and missed the ladder trying to get back on the boat, I slipped and scraped up my leg pretty good. I luckily didn't hit my belly, but she's really well protected in there. My leg hurt badly, so I decided to use the waves of pain to practice my relaxation techniques for labor. Haha, it actually worked (it hurt). I didn't cry, and I was able to distract myself with my favorite places, and focusing on relaxing. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to relax through the pain of labor, so this helped me practice!
In our birth class this week we learned how important it is for the husbands to be on board with a natural birth and breast feeding. We also learned some massage techniques that Bryan is supposed to practice on me every day (not complaining!). I love that Bryan will get to be so involved with labor and birth. After all, this is his daughter too and I know he will be the best person to support me through it all.

My awesome battle wound from trying to get on the boat yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment