Today the day was one of those crazy days. The kind that make me wish that I could just order takeout. I got home from grocery shopping at 6:15, Bryan had a meeting at 7pm so I had to think fast!
Here's what I came up with:
Canned refried beans (vegetarian, no fat)
Whole wheat soft tortillas
2 Fresh ramona tomatoes (chopped)
Nutritional yeast
Avocado (optional)
olives (optional)
Mix one tomato, the refried beans, and nutritional yeast in a small sauce pan and heat it on medium/low until soft and warm through out.
Remove from heat and spoon into 4 whole wheat tortillas. Fold the tortillas so that there aren't any open ends (like an envelope), and place in an oiled skillet. Cook on medium heat until the tortilla starts to brown (flip and do this on both sides).
Place the filled and heated burritos on a plate and top with salsa, garnish with lettuce, olives, tomatoes, and whatever else you want.
This was very yummy, very cheap, and as the title says lighting fast! I will be making this again, I might play around with the filling, but this was simple.
Enjoy!
Remove from heat and spoon into 4 whole wheat tortillas. Fold the tortillas so that there aren't any open ends (like an envelope), and place in an oiled skillet. Cook on medium heat until the tortilla starts to brown (flip and do this on both sides).
Place the filled and heated burritos on a plate and top with salsa, garnish with lettuce, olives, tomatoes, and whatever else you want.
This was very yummy, very cheap, and as the title says lighting fast! I will be making this again, I might play around with the filling, but this was simple.
Enjoy!


Loving these posts girl :) I eat pretty close to vegan - no meat, no milk, butter, cream, etc. I do have eggs here and there. But I can totally agree that it makes you feel amazing. I will never go back, I love eating clean :) Sounds like you two are doing AWESOME! can't wait for more vegan recipes on your bloggy :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kelsey!! :)
Delete