Friday, September 7, 2012

Homemade Vegan Chili


Ok, here is that recipe for the homemade vegan chili!


  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1-3 cloves garlic, minced (I just used crushed from a jar) 
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 3 tbsp chili powder
  • pinch sea salt
  • pinch cayenne (I didn't have any so I just omitted it) 
  • 1 can each: black beans, white kidney beans, red kidney beans 
  • 2 can diced tomatoes with juice
  • 2 tsp oregano
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder 
  • Secret Ingredient –> 2 tbsp black CHIA SEEDS 
  • Garnish with green onions
  • We also put avocado in it, and had tortilla chips with it. 
Directions: In a large pot, add the oil and heat over medium. Add garlic, peppers, onion, carrot and sauté until everything is soft, approximately 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover, and cook for about 30-40 minutes on low to medium heat.

You can always play around with the spices and/or add more peppers or even some hot peppers! I loved the chia seed in it! Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment