Thursday, December 1, 2011

Coach Kelsey... haha.

Well I have officially started coaching! I was really nervous to start, my coach Lisa Kriley gave me one of her own students to coach once a week. I'm trying to get her ready to pass her Pre-pre moves test, I hate moves... haha. Although I was nervous, I found I love coaching! I also love to teach Pilates but there is just something about coaching that is so fun. Maybe it's working with kids, or maybe it's because I just love ice skating, or a combination. I am also teaching Learn to Skate, I have one little girl in my basic 6 class so it's just one on one instructing. I love teaching her! She is hard working and determined, plus she has natural talent which is great. I really hope she turns into a private student. I learn so much working with her because she isn't afraid to talk to me and tell me what she thinks. I'm learning that just teaching a child how to skate isn't enough. As a coach I shape her entire outlook about each move and I can guide her and teach her how to be motivated with out being negative. It's really fun!!! I am so lucky to have a career that I absolutely love!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying coaching! I hope it's something that you can keep doing for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete