Tonight I made salmon, wild rice, and green salad (with carrots) for dinner. It was super yummy! High protien for Bryan. Here's the Salmon recipe:
2 6oz Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon
6 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp dried basil (I used thyme)
2 Garlic cloves minced
1 tsp Salt (I used a little less)
1 tsp Pepper
1tsp Lemon Juice
Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl. Pour over salmon and rub it in a little with your hands. Bake in a glass dish, covered with tin foil (I always leave a little vent in the tin foil, bending one corner up to let some heat escape).
Bake at 375 F for about 30-35 minutes (or until it flakes with a fork)
I love red leaf lettuce, Bryan loves romain. I find that the combination of these two is really yummy. I also live adding spinach to anything I can!
For lunch I had a vegetable sandwich and fresh strawberries. Yes, vegetable sandwich. I can't eat lunch meat while pregnant so I just omit it, and I LOVE me some fresh veggies, hummus, and a good whole wheat hoggie bun! Strawberries are to die for right now! These are huge and so juicy!
Before I taught barre and went running I ate 1 cup cooked oatmeal plain with 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk. Very plain but no added sugar! Then after I ran I had 2 scrambled eggs and two slices of whole wheat toast!
There it is! That's my food day! I LOVE food!
On a completely unrelated note, and I don't feel that these two subjects should ever cross paths (although they probably will when I have this baby!). Cloth Diapers. Yes, I said it. We have decided to use cloth diapers. They are really easy to use these days, and seem a lot more... Er, reliable.
We are just starting to look into brands and styles. If you have any suggestions TELL ME! I am looking into Bum Genius, my sister-in-law loves them. From what I can tell they will save money in the long run, save the environment imdiately, and require some extra time and planning. Because inplannin being home during the day I can do the laundry, and make sure the diapers dry in time for the next wave of changes.
Being a mom is going to be a lot of work, but I'm excited!



Here's a lot of info in cloth diapering that will take you through different brands and styles. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVo6SMebcX8
ReplyDelete