Happy Easter everyone! I love Easter for many reasons but one of the best things about Easter is talking about the resurrection. In church today we talked about the Atonement and the Resurrection, I was reminded that no matter how imperfect we are (I am), we can be cleansed from sin and sadness and live again! WOW! As I contemplate becoming a Mother, I feel so overwhelmed! Yet, I know that to be a good Mother, I don't have to be perfect. I am so excited for this adventure (and nervous!), and I am so grateful to know that because of Christ I can reach my full potential in every capacity of my life. Because of His sacrifice, I will be with my husband and children after death and through to eternity! This is why I LOVE Easter!
This video has inspired me and I hope you all take a minute to watch it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3TI4bYerU
This Tuesday we have our next ultrasound appointment! We will get to see all the chambers of the heart, major organs, and yes, the gender!!!! We are so excited! We will not be announcing the gender until Saturday though, so hold on to your pants! :)
Pilates and Pregnancy:
I would like to dedicate the last part of my post to what I do and teach every day, Pilates. One of my friends asked me to write about my pregnancy and Pilates experience in this blog, so Emily, here you go!
I teach Pilates mat, and equipment classes, and Ballet barre classes all day long! I absolutely love it! When I teach Pilates equipment classes, I mostly walk around watching student's form. I demonstrate a little, but I mostly guide the class with my voice. On the other hand, when I teach Pilates mat classes and Ballet barre classes, I do almost the entire class with them. So far through my pregnancy I haven't had to modify much. I can still do crunches, planks, and all of the Ballet movements. These classes keep me moving and I love doing the work with them (as long as I don't need to correct form). This last week I have felt the baby a little more. My balance during barre is off, lying down on my stomach I can feel this hard mass in my lower belly, and while doing Pilates abdominal work I have a more difficult time "hiding my 6 pack muscles" or engaging my TA (transverse abdominis, the muscle that acts like a "corset", my favorite muscle!). This is because well, there is a baby in my belly! I expect to be doing the abdominal work for the next 2 weeks, but I will feel it out and update you!
Working out during this pregnancy has saved me! I love being active and staying fit. More importantly it helped my nausea while in my 1st trimester, and my sciatic nerve pain (old figure skating injury) is much more easily managed when I run and do Pilates (yes, I said run!).
I will keep updating my change in workout routines.
Happy Easter!

No comments:
Post a Comment